Gospel of John

The Gospel of John begins by describing Jesus as the Word made flesh. My thesis is that the first 12 chapters of John make cognitive sense as a description of incarnation descending from God in Teacher thought to humanity in Mercy thought. John emphasizes that the starting point for incarnation is righteousness, because Jesus repeatedly says that he only does what he sees the Father doing.

Science can also be described as the word made flesh, because it combines the word of mathematical equations with the flesh of natural process and experiment, and science has also descended from the heaven of abstract theory to the concrete human experience of technological devices.

My hypothesis is that it was God’s original plan for the Jews and Greeks to discover science in Alexandria before the time of Christ. As one goes through the Gospel of John and examines the process of incarnation descending from God to humanity, one can see that Jesus would have had a much more receptive audience if scientific thought had emerged in Alexandria. Thus, I suggest that the Jewish rejection of Jesus as Messiah really occurred before the birth of Christ, when Judaism chose to pursue mysticism and nationalism rather than scientific thought. Current Christianity continues to practice this same error by insisting that incarnation is an incomprehensible mystery.

I have posted a 176 page two part essay on John 1-12 that provides a rational cognitive analysis of incarnation. This analysis respects incarnation as God and does not bring Jesus down to the level of some semi-deluded Jewish Rabbi. It is a verse-by-verse analysis of the text of the gospel of John that looks at the original Greek and interprets the text both literally and symbolically.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *